From time to time, both Amazon US and UK offer a deal where, if you buy a certain amount of e-books in a specified time period, you get a credit for some portion of that to spend in the future. This is an invitation only thing – and no one, other than Amazon’s algorithms, really knows who gets invited. If you do get the offer, the amounts offered vary from person to person, and the offer usually shows up either in your email or in a banner ad on one or more pages of the Kindle store. However, today, it showed up for me as an incredibly small little link, below the suggested other books I might want to buy, on the webpage for one of Raymond Chandler’s books. No nice banner ad, and definitely no email, but I’ve activated it, and it seems to be legit. You can see the screenshot of where it was in the attached image. In my case, the offer is buy £15 and get £5 credit, and it’s good through Nov 30, which is a nice long time.
This is the link for the page it took me to when I clicked on the link. I’m not sure if it will work for anyone else, but you can always try it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=21579382031
Here are the FAQ for the offer:
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I get my Kindle Book credit?
Prime customers receive their Kindle Book credit after activating the offer and spending £15 or more on any one or more Kindle Books between November 15 and November 29, 2021 (in one or multiple transactions). You must activate your offer by clicking on the marketing banners any time during the offer period in order for your purchases to count.
What if I haven’t activated the offer?
If you have landed on this page without clicking on the offer email or offer push notification sent by us directly to you or without clicking on the offer banner on Amazon.co.uk, please click here – Get offer, wait for this page to reload and start shopping for Kindle Books.
Which Kindle Books count towards the offer?
Any Kindle Book that you purchase on Amazon.co.uk during the offer period will count, including Kindle Book gift orders, bulk Kindle Book orders, and pre-orders that are fulfilled during the offer period. Activation can occur at any time during the offer period. Pre-orders that are fulfilled outside of the offer period are excluded from this offer.
When is the offer period?
The offer period is between November 15 and November 29, 2021.
When do I get my credit?
Your credit will be automatically applied to your account within 4 days after spending the specified amount on any one or more Kindle Books. We will notify you via email once your credit has been applied to your account.
How do I use my Kindle Book credit?
Your £5 Kindle Book credit is automatically redeemed on your next Kindle Book purchase. Any Kindle Book sold on Amazon.co.uk is eligible for this credit.
When does my Kindle Book credit expire?
Your Kindle Book credit expires at 11.59 PM (BST) on 28 December, 2021.
Limited-time offer. Terms and conditions apply.
And here are the T&Cs:
Terms and Conditions
• This is a limited-time offer. The offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
• Redemption Steps: To receive the promotional credits, you must: (1) activate the offer by clicking on marketing banners at any time before 11.59pm (BST) on 30 November, 2021 and (2) spend £15 or more on any one or more Kindle Books before 11.59pm (BST) on 30 November, 2021.
• Within 4 days of completing the Redemption Steps, the promotional credits will be attributed directly to your customer account and automatically applied to your next qualifying Kindle Book purchase. You will receive an e-mail from Amazon confirming that the promotional credit has been applied to your customer account. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem the promotional credit.
• The promotional credits will expire at 11.59pm (BST) on the 28th of December 2021. You can view your available promotional credit balance on any Kindle Book detail page. Confirmation that the promotional credit has been applied to a Kindle Book purchase will appear on the Order Summary Page. You will not need to enter a promotional code during checkout for the promotional credit to apply.
• The offer only applies to eligible Kindle Books sold by Amazon Media EU Sàrl at the website www.amazon.co.uk (the “Website”). The offer does not apply to Kindle Books sold on other Amazon websites.
• Purchaser will be responsible for the final price of an Kindle Book after the promotional credit is applied to that title.
• The promotional credit will not reduce the price of the items to which it is applied, though it will automatically reduce the amount you pay.
• This offer is only to customers located in the Great Britain, Guernsey, Jersey, Gibraltar, and Isle of Man.
• If any of the Kindle Books purchased using this promotional credit are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the Kindle Books. The promotional credit will not be available for re-use. All refunds are subject to applicable Amazon refund policies.
• This offer may not be combined with other offers or other promo codes.
• If you violate any of these Terms and Conditions, the offer will be invalid.
• This credit can be used on multiple qualifying Kindle Book titles, in multiple transactions, up to a maximum benefit of 5.00 GBP.
• Amazon.co.uk reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.
• Each promotional credit has no cash redemption value.
• Unlike Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards, you will not be able to view any unused promotional codes or promotional rewards in the Your Account section of www.amazon.co.uk.
Whew! That’s a lot of info. People on the Mobile Read forums, where I also hang out, find that sometimes they have to get in touch with Amazon Customer Service to actually get their credit, so I would keep track of the offer – take screenshots showing that you’ve activated it, what the amounts were, etc. But for me, out of maybe 10 – 12 times through this offer, I’ve only had to get in touch with Customer Service once. Still, that was once too often!