I just got an email from Amazon US that you can get a Kindle Kid’s book for free from now through August 15, as part of their “Back to school is cool” offer. There’s a limited list of 12 books, and you can see them all here.
And here are the T&Cs:
Back to School: Offer Terms & Conditions
- Offer only applies to select Kindle book titles sold and delivered through Amazon.com
- Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PDT) on Aug 15, 2023.
- You will receive an e-mail from Amazon confirming that the promotional credit has been applied to your customer account and instructions on how to redeem the promotional credit.
- The promotional credit will be credited to your account within 7 days of initial qualifying purchase and, once credited, will be automatically applied to your next qualifying purchase. The promotional credit can be viewed in your order summary after you place an order for an eligible book.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $4.99 to be used for a qualifying purchase on one eligible Kindle book.
- The promotional credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PDT) on Aug 15, 2023.
- Offer can only apply to 1 unit in a bulk order purchase.
- Purchaser will be responsible for the final price of the Kindle book after discount, plus applicable taxes.
- Offer does not apply to physical goods, digital magazines, audiobooks (including Audible companions for your Kindle eBook purchase), print books, Amazon Gift Cards, or digital subscriptions such as Kindle Unlimited.
- Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S. and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon Digital Services LLC.
- Offer limited to one per customer and account.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all eligible promotional items in your order.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid. • Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
The T&Cs are actually kind of confusing and seem to be adapted from some other offer, because for me, the credit showed up right at time of purchase (I bought Sadie Sprocket Builds a Rocket, since I’m a female engineer), and there was none of this “crediting to my account within 7 days” stuff.
I’m not sure whether this was an invite-only thing, although it doesn’t seem to be. But, of course, as always with Amazon, YMMV…